Friday, March 30, 2012

A really wonderful day



I had such a lovely day today! The sun was shining, I was permanently freed from one of my part-time jobs and I had the day to myself, to enjoy with a friend and to spend taking photographs.

I had a delightful brunch come lunch with the one and only Mardiana at MILKWOOD in Nicholson St- do yourself a favour and go there, the food is simply devine!- It was so good to see her smiley face and chat about our lives as recently graduated, struggling photographers- oh, the romanticism in THAT! 

We also made a furry friend named Teddy, whom I desperately wanted to take home. The poor stout and wiry mutt was so adorable but ever so lost and insisted on making very sad cries and faces (see photo below) behind the gate he'd been put until his owner's could be reached. I do hope the little fellow found his home...



Next, I went wandering down Rathdowne St- one of my favourites for a stroll in the sun!
Though, it was more than just a stroll today, I was on a mission to find shop owners who would be willing to let me take some editorial portraits and interiors in my endavour to create a more 'commercially friendly' portfolio. 
Thankfully all whom I approached were most obliging and I have arranged to shoot in the weeks following Easter. 

Here are a few draft photographs I snapped at Cote Provence, a wonderful little shop of French Provincial odds and ends.









Then, as I was making another portfolio-related enquiry at SWEET SOURCE- an immaculate little retro cafe with the most darling cakes you'll ever see- a lady tapped me on the shoulder and told me that she'd overheard me and wondered whether I'd like to come back to her 'cocoon of wonderful light and things' and take some photographs at her home- I happily obliged. 













Needless to say, I had an incredibly eventful joyous day!

No comments:

Post a Comment